Friday, June 3, 2016

Making up for the lousy letters

Hello everyone,

   Sorry I had a terrible and short letter last week. I'm gonna make this a big letter if you guys don't mind. Oh, and yes Mom I got your package. I love it, thank you, I really needed those shoes. Thank you for all the food and treats and the belts too. You don't need to send me anymore packages for awhileSmiling face with open mouth and cold sweatSmiling face with open mouth and cold sweatSmiling face with open mouth and cold sweat Just to let you guys know, I don't get my packages and other things you send for awhile, because I usually get them during zone conference and zone meeting and those only happen so often . Zone conference once every other transfer and zone meeting once a month. Someone from the mission office has to bring it to one of those meetings. Anyways I'll start from the beginning of the week. Last monday was wicked sweet. We met our zone at Harvard's field. We played some football and then played some spike ball. Afterwards we went to MIT. My companion taught this guy named Pablo, he took us out to eat. Pablo isn't a member YET! It was funny, he has this little chiwauwa that he went around picking up girls. Then he took us around MIT and showed us all the cool departments. I notice the only people who really go to MIT are people in their 30's and older. We did that with the Lynn spanish Elders. Later that night we got both our appointments canceled. Enough about what happened on my P-day, lets talk about my investigators. We have gotten 12 investigators this month. It's been awesome, the Lord definitely has work for us to do here, but a lot of them have dropped us. Mostly for anti Mormon stuff, but we got some strong ones. One of them is J, J is a very anti social guy. He wants to get more out there. He talks to us about him being ferril and having the desire to hunt . The only way he knows how to get out there and get woman is when he's hammered . We just barely taught him the word of wisdom and chastity. We asked him to be a Mormon for a week and so far he's been doing great. He came to church and told me he didn't drink coffee that morning, so I'm super excited for him. We also have Reynaldo, we just picked him up this last week and he said that he would get baptized . He's getting baptized on the 18th of this month. He's a 74 year old philippino man, who talks a lot, so you kinda have to cut him off to actually give him a lesson. Our next investigator is Cindy, she is awesome, but very prideful. She's been going to our church for years now and has taken tons of missionary lessons and just won't get baptized. She either says she's not ready or that she already has the Holy Ghost, so she doesn't need it. It's very frustrating, but my trainer and I just decided we're going all out. She's getting baptized this Saturday, we're going tell her to cut the crap and get baptized. We're gonna pull out the it's a commandment card on her . She canceled on us last week. I think it's because she knows that she's getting dunked. It's inevitable . 
    It's funny all the missionaries around me are like holy crap that's a huge letter.hahaha I got to make up for my lousy letters! 
    Oh, those Muslim brothers, Nabil and Hachem...they are AMAZING. They love the church. They have been to church the past 2 weeks. It's hard to give them the lessons, because they work so much and so hard. They have only been in this country for about 20 days. We're extending baptism to them tomorrow, but Nabil has already asked what he could do to get baptized. Winking face 
   You all know Stephan, he's coming down in June I think. He is wicked awesome, he takes care of us. He feeds us a lot of the time. I would love it if you all got to meet him. He has a powerful testimony. 
   Last things I'm gonna talk about . Please mom could you send me a CD with church songs. I'm tired of my companions CD . If you could put army of Helaman and never be the same on there it would be great. Mom, how is my mom in Brazil ? Is she still taking the lessons? How is grandpa? Thank you so much for all the emails I love you guys!


Other News: Sam will be getting a new companion next week.



Picnic after district meeting







Meet the Sen family - A sweet Cambodian family, who feeds the missionaries every friday, and has done so for 20 years



No comments:

Post a Comment