Monday, December 5, 2016

"Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind"



Hello! 

     Well tomorrow I officially hit my 8 month mark. Feels like yesterday when I first got off the plane. Anyways today is the first day we actually got snow. So Its getting pretty chilly. We helped a member who is moving to the house literally right next to his house. Told him its getting pretty chilly out here. He said this is considered warm. It was 39 degrees outside. Then He told us that February is when it really gets bad. So we have something to look forward to besides Lynns Baptism of course. 
     This past week we did a lot of stop bys. Just trying to work with members and trying our best to see our Investigators multiple times a week. Well Lynn isn't an Investigator. She wants us to call her a seeker. A seeker of truth. Jeez I I Love Lynn. But we did a lot of stop bys. There was one point were we had no clue what to do. My son had the brilliant idea to pray and ask for guidance. So we did and the thought came into my head that we have to go see Ann. Elder Asay(former ZL) and I tracted in to Ann. We haven't been able to see her for awhile. So we knocked and she was home and we got to teach her about the Restoration. She had questions on which Church is true. Now next time we go over were gonna try to extended a baptismal date. This actually happened twice. We prayed and I had the impression to go to the Amollos . They are this less active family that we were trying to activate /teach sister Amollos daughter. When we came over she explained to us how she needs church and that her new years resolution si for her to go to church every Sunday. We were stoked to her that. Also saw Cheryl and Nick and taught them the Law of Chastity. That's always a fun lesson😅 But they are willing to live it. I taught her with Elder and Sister Marison . They are the Elderly missionaries who just joined my District.  Then Elder Phillipsen taught  Nick with Brother Rose our Ward Mission Leader. As of right now  there baptismal date is for the 17th of December. Elder Phillpsen wants us to buy a matching tie for every baptism we have. Then I will probably have Cheryl and Nick sign the back of my tie . 
     But anyways I would like to end with my testimony. I have recently been trying to work on my Humility . Knowing that I wouldn't be where I'm at now without Heavenly Father. God brought us to Ann and the Amollos. He is consistently waiting on us being humble enough to ask him what should we do . Sometimes our pride will get in the way of us  achieving true happiness. I know that true happiness is following Jesus Christ. So I am willing to be a last priority. Matthew 22: 36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
 38 This is the first and great commandment.
 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
After this I will take care of myself. It won't be easy but it will be worth it.
Love you all.
-Elder Dalsasso

No comments:

Post a Comment