Monday, December 26, 2016

THE MORE YOU SERVE, THE HAPPIER YOU'LL BE



Well hello everyone. 

This week has been great as usual. This week we went and caroled at Fairview Estates. It was Elder Heppler and I went and joined the crowd and started to sing with them. One older lady said off pitch.HAHAHA she was funny. When we were done we had passed around these bells and I got to go in the middle and shared a brief speech on why we go out and what were doing this Christmas season. That wasn't the only service project that my companion and I did this week. We also went to Salvation Army and put out the toys so that the adults can pick out toys for there children. There were so many toys🐨.  We also went to Southboro and Northboro to Coral to some less active and non member referrals that were given to the sisters. So the sisters and me and my companion went and caroled to these people. We went to this non members house that the sisters have been doing service for awhile. We started singing to the non member couple then the husband started playing guitar while we were singing. It was really funny he was in his 80s.  That was all the service we did this week. Besides that we saw Abraham almost everyday this week . He is gonna get baptized on the 31st . Last night had dinner with the Billiters , lynn ,Tony, and there friend doug. The Lynn and the Billiters gave us awesome presents.
Well with all my emails I will end with my testimony. This Christmas season we have shared a lot of messages about service and serving others. I feel like in our society we serve more when it is been brought to our attention like Christmas .  I understand that Christmas is a time to fully remember our savior and his birth and the example he set while he was on earth. He would constantly give and never receive. Now should we only desire to be Christlike on Christmas? Should we only serve and give on Christmas? now I am not talking about giving presents .I'm talking about giving up ones self for another. This should be a constant 365 days a year commitment. We as members made that commitment when we entered into the waters of baptism. Service others Is a beautiful thing. I promise all of you that as you constantly try to remember the savior everyday you will serve more and when you serve more you will be happier, this I promise you all.
Love ya'll
Elder Dalsasso







Us, the sisters and Abarham at a Brazilian Bakery.




No comments:

Post a Comment