Wednesday, April 20, 2016

"We all need to be cut down at times"

               Family, oh how i miss all of you. I hear that everything is going well. I'm awesome, I'm just anxious to get to Boston and serve the lord. The MTC has definitely put me through the worst of times and the best of times. This last week I've been able to teach some amazing investigators who want to know about the gospel and want to feel the spirit. I can honestly say that I've grown to love them. I've grown to love everybody here. SO this week or it was last week, i dont know, it feels like I've been here forever Smiling face with open mouth and cold sweat One of my sisters went up to this guy who was be very obnoxious and asked, will you quiet down . After she left i could hear him from the the hall way. He said that she's gonna be a crabby missionary. I tried to not say anything, but then i thought, what if he said that to my sisters or to mak. I told my companion, come on and I confronted that kid. Don't worry, I didn't get in a fight, i just told him he shouldn't do that, then he gave me this crap that he always gets called out for stuff and he's sorry. I didn't care much for what he said as long as he doesn't say anything like that again. It's funny because that guy never said hi or looked at us really ever again. The people in my district started becoming like family. Im always around them and I've come to appreciate and love all of them.
             We've had it easy teaching investigators except for one. His name is Steven. What's great about him is that he prays, reads the bible and has a firm belief of Jesus Christ and our heavenly father. The only problem is, he's a wild one. He believes that since he accepted Christ he's already saved, so me and my companion have got some help from a teacher. Now we just need the spirit to be strong.
            Now i'm going to answer your questions. My companion is from Rigby, Idaho. He's a farm boy, he loves to shed hunt and run. He wants to have his own ranch when he's older. He is going to Modesto, California and so is sister judd and Sister Gullot. Our 2 other roommates are going to Indiana, Indianapolis. Their names are Elder Van Asdale and Elder Britter. Sister Murry is also going there. Finally Sister Montague and Sister Berret are going to Rowley, North Carolina. I'm the only one in my district who's going to Boston. Also they are all leaving a day before me.
          The best experience I've had is when we were talking about baptisms for the dead with an investigator who knows the bible. He said, I've never seen that in the bible, then the spirit told me to go to the topical guide and find baptisms for the dead and it took me to the bible. Then it literally said Baptisms for the dead and he had never seen that before.
          Three challenging things was homesickness, inadequacy , and competition. First one got over with a prayer and a blessing. The second was my teacher telling us about how she felt the same way when she was a missionary. The last one, I took stuff like it was a competition and had an elder talk to me about how its not a race to get people baptized. The whole point is to get them closer to god so that maybe they will want to take the covenants.
     Oh, and yes I'm getting your letters and thank you. It seriously makes me feel amazing hearing how you guys are, after a long stressful day. But don't worry it's not all stressful. I don't know much about my branch president. All i know is, his name is president Smith and he's a great guy. His two other counselors are awesome. One is coach Hill from BYU, his other counselor's name is Bills. Their wives are awesome too.
       My living arrangements are fine, its 4 to a room and the other elders are awesome. They have 2 gyms, one with just dumbbells that only go up to 75 lbs. I want heavier weights. Oh, I beat the bench press record here with 150 lbs and i did 100 reps. And yes, my chest is all better and I will be careful. It was just the machine. The other gym has these machines and have basketball courts but me and my district usually play volleyball.
        Now i want to share a quick testimony, I know that the lord puts these trials in front of us so we can break through them. I want you to go to LDS.org and look up "The Currant Bush" talk At the end of the day i want to say thank you "Mr. Gardner" for loving me enough to cut me down, so i can be better later. We all need to be cut down at times and we might not know why it happened. You might feel like you don't deserve it. , but I challenge all of you to thank your Gardner(The lord). He knows what's best for you and he loves all of you so much and so do I. I got to go but ill talk to you guys soon. I love you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment