Monday, November 7, 2016

Next time we'll say the prayer on the couch...

Hey! 

This week was pretty sweet. We set 2 Baptismal dates for December 3rd . Their names are Cheryl and Nick. Cheryl is nicks mom. Nick is 12 years old and Cheryl is in her 40s . We had an awesome lesson on the Plan of Salvation. Then we set that date. Nick was so excited . He came over to the chalk board and talked to me . He wrote up the topics of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He wrote

Faith

Repentance

Baptism

Receiving the Holy Ghost

And Enduring to the End.

He check marked Faith and then he said ok when are we going to Repent. I said that we would teach you on Sunday. He sat down and said ok so that's like 5 days until I get to repent. It made me so happy. He knows so much knowledge already. We drew out the plan of salvation and he got my chalk and drew a line going to the telestial kingdom. He said i don't want to go there. So then he drew another line going to the Celestial Kingdom. Half of me wanted to take his seat and just listen to what he has to say. He had awesome questions. Like Whats the telestial kingdom and how can I get to the Celestial kingdom. We're so pumped for them. Now his mom is a little hesitant. But we're going to be working really hard with them to help them feel the spirit.  

Besides them our other investigators are doing really well. We started to read the Book of Mormon with her and teach her the lessons out of the Book of Mormon. We also picked up a former investigator named Cory. He has some mental issues. I'm pretty sure the place he is living at right now is a mental house but thats alright. He is a great guy. So we taught him how to pray and i aksed him will you pray with us on our knees. He was like no way that ground is so gross. He looked at Elder Bagley and said do you even know what your kneeling in. I look at it and its a old pile of vomit on the floor. HAHAHAHA it was so funny. Next time we'll say the prayer on the couch. We also have our investigator named Franklin. We just read some of the intro and enos with him you can tell he has real intent. He wants to understand and know if the Book of Mormon is true. We're planning on setting a date with him this week. Anyways we're really trying to reach our mission Goal of 50 baptisms in November and 50 in December. 

Well, I would like to end with my testimony on the Bible. I love the Book of Mormon and know the truthfulness of its message. I also believe in the Bible and its clear message that we have a loving savior who died and was resurrected for us, so that we may be able to do the same thing and live with our Heavenly Father.

I love you all.
-Elder Dalsasso









No comments:

Post a Comment