Monday, August 22, 2016

The holy spirit touches our hearts and our souls

Whats up everyone! 
     This transfer has been CRAZY!  It's gone by so fast. Week get Transfer texts this Friday.  I'm almost 5 months out on my mission. Time fly's when you're having fun. We just dropped off our mini Missionary last night. He is a great kid, we had a lot of fun together. He bombarded us with questions. How to recognize the spirit, how to street contact. It felt like i was actually training him. He just had this huge desire to do missionary work and it was very inspiring to me. He would literally talk to everyone. It makes me want to do the same thing. We did really good. 
    We got 4 investigators this last week. We have 2 baptismal dates for September and were planning on setting more dates this week. We'll see how it goes. We did a lot of street contacting this week because our mini missionary wanted to get out of his comfort zone. The first night we street contacted we went to Everett. Now Everett is a Brazilian town. There are Brazilians every where in that town. So some of the first people our mini missionary contacted were Brazilian and they didn't speak any English so i had to talk to them. By the way my Portuguese is really improving . Talking with all these Brazilians i start to pick my Portuguese back up. Anyways our mini got to experience a lot off cool things. one being zone conference. 
     I love meetings or what we like to call  "revelatory experiences". They are very powerful just the spirit working through everyone and the discussions we have are just powerful. I wish all of you could come and be apart of these revelatory experiences. We had many discussions . Some were how to teach the plan of salvation others were the attributes of Abanidi. I really enjoyed the discussion on Abanidi. You can see how powerful of missionary he was. He was very bold and had alot of faith. He reminded me of my companions. They are without fear and they are doing this work because of their love for the lord and his children. 
     Another exciting things was going on blitzes with the AP's. I went with Elder Miller and Elder Clare and Elder LaRose went with Elder Nixon. Elder miller and i went all of Boston. Each stop by took 30 min to an hour. We also did a good amount of street contacting. Doing work in Boston was really fun.

     So i got bad news...Caesar came back to Boston. His family wanted him back. He told Stephan he doesn't want anything to do with us or our church. When i heard that it brought me sadness in my heart. But i learned something out of this sad experience. Satan is always tempting us and is always getting at us. But its fine. There are people out there who are really ready to hear the restored gospel and i'm ready to find them. Everyone will know the truthfulness of the restored gospel sooner or later.  
     I would like to end with my testimony about the holy ghost. I read a chapter in preach my gospel today. It was about language and how you can improve your language. It also mentioned the gift of tongues. I know that the most powerful language we can know is the language of the holy ghost. The holy spirit touches our hearts and our souls. It leaves a mark. When i feel the holy spirit i feel Heavenly fathers love for me and others feel same way. If there is one thing i could learn in this life it would be the language of the holy ghost. 
I Love you All
-Elder Dalsasso





No comments:

Post a Comment